Monday, September 20, 2010

Ride in ECR..

Today morning when i got up my bed and thought about the day I felt bored and thought of travelling somewhere around Chennai. As most of my friend have gone to their native places, I was not sure how the travel would be, a lonely drive is always tough in any case. But I felt there must be something interesting and decided to start by afternoon. Among the list of places around Chennai, I felt Mamallapuram through ECR should be the place to visit and read about various places around Mamallapuram before leaving home. By 2.30 pm I started from my home carrying a water bottle in my bag and a camera. While leaving my home itself I was very sure that the trip would be an interesting and joyful one as it was actually. Within 20 minutes I hit the ECR. The ride in sea breeze was awesome. It was very wonderful and I was very thrilled to enjoy the rest in my path. The traffic was bit worry till Mayajaal because of Vinayagar Chathurthi Oorvalam and after that I was able to drive bit freely hitting 80 Km/H. After crossing the city, I had a tender coconut and faced a board saying 39 KMs to reach Mamallapuram. After crossing Muttukkadu Boat house, I wanted enjoying the scenary than racing so was steadily riding in 50Km/H.

I was attracted by a solitary palm tree on the banks of back water lake. The path from road to that place was very dirty and tough but I decided to spend sometime there. It was really a nice place. On the other bank of the lake there was a resort and the view from my side was great. I tried capturing that but to my camera's eye it didnt look nice. Then welcomed by the hands of silver oaks on both sides of the road. I thought of spending sometime there but couldnt as they were all occupied by diffent groups of people all consuming liquor and all. So saying bad luck to me, I continued my ride and halted in a Tourism dept run Drive-Inn. I had some cool drinks and there was few stone benches for enjoying the sea breeze and an wonderful scenary of Oak trees and sea in the background. After riding sometime I was invited by the Welcome board of Tiger Caves. Wow! what a place it is! Green everywhere with huge rock caves here and there and some wonderful Rock sculptures attracting eyes. Among the rock sculptures, I found two are very cute and great skilled work. The first one is a Siva temple of a single rock. It was a huge rock carved skillfully to three rooms and in the middle there is a Lingam. There was a board saying to not take the photograph of that siva lingam. The next one is bit more interesting. A huge rock resembling a tiger in elevation but in the rear, it was carved have many tiger heads. The another most important thing about the place is you cant just leave the place without saying about sound of sea waves colliding the rocks. Unbelievable sight! Green everywhere but when i stepped in further, there was a beach. I spent time long time sitting in the green grass listening the waves. Now and then Minas were making sound and that all made me feel heaven. I found the tiger caves is not having a proper bus stop and hence there is not much croud..Infact no crowd was very good for me to enjoy the place. I left the place by 6 pm and reached Mamallapuram finally :) As it was getting darker I was not able enjoy the sculpures fully but made an oath to come back soon exclusively to Mamallapuram. I then sat in the beach for sometime eating lays, Masala Kaju and Sprite.
I finally left Mamallapuram beach by 7 and reached home by 9pm after having dinner in OMR Nallas Appakadai. It was really wonderful. I never felt tired of riding bike for the total of 118 Kms up and down. It was full of enjoyment. It is really a very happy and unforgettable trip than I assumed how it would be at the beginning of the trip. Oh now only I am feeling pain in my palm and fingers. Some poto shots are here

3 comments:

Senthil said...

Mmmm, same problem, i too hate the people who booze on ECR road under the silver oaks, which otherwise could be a superb place for all... Anyway kalakura Ravi :P

Unknown said...

hmmm..People consuming liquor leave the bottles and side dishes there itself which creates very unpleasant smell for others..

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for sharing, I have digged this post